Ensign/Fleet 31 Racing
Ensign racers must be paid members of the local fleet, Les Cheneaux Ensign Class Fleet 31, prior to the first race. Membership in the national Ensign Class Association is optional, but encouraged. For Fleet 31, Kip Horsburgh and Dave Parlin are collecting dues payments and waivers. Please return your waiver to LCYC or Fleet 31 (no need to return to both).
B boats will use working jibs only.
Skipper meetings at LCYC dock 30 minutes before A fleet start. B boats should meet on water in the vicinity of the committee boat 15 minutes before their start.
If races end later than normal, please show consideration for dock space for other LCYC events.
Ensign Race Committee
- The 2019 LCYC Racing Calendar features a number of new racing opportunities for the Melges 17. We currently have 4 boats in the fleet but hope to grow that by 2-3 this spring. Our weeknight courses will be fun, short, point-to-point races. Sunday races (pre- Sunfish) will likely be windward-leeward courses. Please contact John VanZee for more information.
- In addition to the racing, we will be announcing another M17 Demo Day soon. Last year, we had more than a dozen sailors hop on board three different boats to get a taste of this exciting sport boat. We hope even more can try it out this summer.
- There is a 2012 Melges 17 available for sale locally if anyone is interested in a nearly new, easy to acquire vessel.
- Please visit the Melges website to learn more about the Melges 17. See you on the water!
M17 Race Committee
Adult Sunfish Racing
- The successful Adult Sunfish racing program will return this summer.
- Races will take place on Sundays (June 30-July 21) in Muskie Bay at 2:00 pm, with starts on the water.
- The Adult Sunfish Regatta will be held Sunday, July 28 from 10:00 am (skipper meeting)-4:00 pm. A hot dog lunch will be provided.
Adult Sunfish Race Committee